Tel: 0924 541216 - Mobile Tel: 338 9222874

Living Nativity of Balata di Baida a Castellammare

Living Nativity of Balata di Baida a Castellammare

XVIII Edition. Appointment with the tradition of the Nativity of Balata di Baida in Castellammare del Golfo (Trapani). The "Living Nativity" is a moment of common life, a little over twenty years and soul joins the small community diBalata Baida (village of Castellammare del Golfo agro Erice) during the holiday season. The "Living Nativity of Balata di Baida", riroposto several times over the years, while maintaining the merely folkloric and its value as a witness of Christian faith is meant to be an opportunity to experience the advent of Christmas with simplicity and authenticity Mixed in fraternity and openness to those who come from "outside".

It 'set in a landscape very impressive, a small village in the village, before crossing point between the Castle of Baida and the road to Trapani, few and humble farmhouses between prickly pears, sumac, olive trees and native plants, populated by a community anchored in the values ​​of family, work, friendship and solidarity, still deeply rooted in the consciousness of the inhabitants. The Nativity scene with his paintings reminiscent of arts and crafts intends to recall over the centrality of the mystery of the incarnation, the same origins of civilization, which are proudly linked the inhabitants of a small village.

Balata di Baida is the most populated village of Castellammare del Golfo, located in the countryside about 10 km from the capital city. It 'a small village largely agricultural part of Erice, situated at the foot of Mount Sparagio along the road to Trapani. In the area there are the ruins of the Castle of Baida, constructed at the end of 1200. The castle had been preceded by other defense structure of which little remains (the so-called Old Castle) located on the cliff overlooking the site of the castle. It is due to renovations in 1500 the castle facade and reinforced corners with well-hewn stones of the corner towers. The façade is adorned with the coat of arms of Tarallo, the last owners of the castle. Inside, on the north side, he was the baronial building next to which is still a church dedicated to St. Anne and interparrocchialità now the church of the Holy Family

Seguici su Facebook

Mappa

Contatti